An actuarial data science platform.
Manhattan is an actuarial data science platform which allows you to setup secure data lakes easily.
By using data catalogs, a simple and cost-effective way to categorize your data, Manhattan automatically identifies the data formats and schema and builds a metadata repository by eliminating the need to manually define and maintain schema, so it’s much easier to discover and understand your data sets.
This gives the most relevant data for analysis and maximizes the value of your data throughout the organization.
Within a few clicks you will be able to add your external datasets into the data lake. Once your job is ready you can categorize into data catalogs.
With robust search capabilities, which can search from a wide range of data sources, its capabilities include search by tags, description, keywords, and business terms. It quickly identifies related databases, tables, columns, and Hadoop directories & files.
Set up access control for different users, and enforce encryption without affecting data quality so that users realize the full potential of their enterprise data assets.
Problems to solve
- ● Lack of reliable data creates difficulties for actuaries to determine accurate metrics and actionable insights in group health insurance risk pools.
- ● It keeps track of data that they have acquired for use with appropriate metadata.
- ● Run analysis on this data to create new insights that are managed as derived data with its own metadata.
- ● With this platform, the actuaries will be able to find the data they need easily without spending hours searching and prepping it for analysis.
- ● Act on the insights they've derived based on models that are defensible with academic rigor.
- ● Reduce the time to value from their actuarial data science investments.
- ● Manhattan provides a common metadata foundation to power data intelligence for data analysts, data scientists, and business users.
- ● Automatically identifies the data formats and schemas and builds a metadata repository by eliminating the need to manually define and maintain schemas.
- ● Manhattan can infer the schemas of several popular data formats including Hadoop data sources, relational, NoSQL, Avro and Parquet files.
- ● Enables searchability and discovery of your datasets by adding tags and descriptions to get the most relevant data for analysis, maximizing its value throughout the organization.
- ● User can intelligently search the results from a wide range of data sources.
- ● Robust search capabilities, including search by tags, description, keywords, and business terms.
- ● Quickly identify related databases, tables, columns, Avro, Parquet, and Hadoop directories & files.
Import datasets from external sources
- Once you specify where your existing databases are and provide your access credentials, you will be able to import your on-premises or cloud databases within a few clicks by connecting with Java Database Connectivity (JDBC). Once you specify where your existing databases are and provide your access credentials. After importing your datasets, you will be able to add metadata in your data catalogs and perform robust searching.
- Data Owners are able to encrypt or decrypt their confidential data in Parquet files.